Edie @ Rich Gifts Random Question...Romans 12:2
ROMANS 12: 1,2
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
It didn't take long for me to go round and round on this one...first I aimed for being transformed by the renewing of your mind...felt convicted that I was avoiding the present your bodies a living sacrifice. Well I eventually came back to the renewing of your mind.
Replacing my thoughts with the thoughts of God. A quick examination of my thoughts expose that my thoughts are not lining up with God's thoughts.
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
2 Corinthians 13:2
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
7) Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
8) He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that god sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10)Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11)Beloved if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12) No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13) Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14) And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world
15) whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16)And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and god in him.
17) Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18) There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth our fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19) We love him, because he first loved us.
20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hat not seen?
and this commandment have we from him, that he who loveth God love his brother also.
So here I am at the beginning(if at first you don't succeed)
Renew my mind by examining my thoughts with God's word.
God's word says...If I love Him I will obey His commands. Jesus said that the whole of the commands rest on Loving God and Loving my neighbor. Paul said that it doesn't matter how gifted we are if we do it without love it is just a big noise.
John said if we don't love we don't know God. John had many other things to say about love such as if we don't love our neighbor whom we have seen then we do not love God whom we have not seen. That there is no fear in love.
Love is a hard and difficult step for me - probably why I need to keep coming back to the beginning. I have had the great fortune to come across people who truly love and they make it look so easy, so effortless....for me this is not so...
but nothing is impossible with God. Thank you Edie for this Random Question and for where it lead me...from considering being a living sacrifice to renewing the mind to God's Word on Obediance...to again praying that I learn to walk in Love.