Friday, September 5, 2008

Hide and Seek

Seeking God....
Ask, and it shall be given you, seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you;
For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Matthew 7:7,8
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth for the Father seeketh such to worship him
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 4:23,24
How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray , doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
Matthew 18:12
There was a time that when I read the Word, Prayed,studied the Bible, worshiped or even when I washed the dishes or would take a walk...God was right there -with me every day every where...I should say that I was aware that He was right there I could feel His closeness..I could see and hear...this went on for years with very little effort on my part...Some say I had a very long honeymoon period with the Lord others say I had a very long infancy in the Lord...If it is an either/or - I have to confess it leans more toward infancy than honeymoon...infancy totally dependent on the Lord being fed ,nourished, directed and protected...but lacking the depth of the honeymoon period of deep intimacy and deep dwelling and knowing and being known...

For the last few years I am experiencing a distance between the Lord and myself...for a while at first I would panic...what's going on...what did I do??? Then I would be in His presence and realize that He has not left me He is still leading me and guiding me...but I did not recognize this until after the fact- I no longer had that sense of recognizing Him immediately... it was more like -Oh! That was you Lord! The time span in between seeing and hearing from Jesus grew from moments to days, weeks even months...
It began to seem like a game of Hide and Seek, Now you see me...Now you don't...or a game of Catch Me if You Can...Then I began to realize that the Lord was saying will you still pray, read the bible, fellowship with other believers, still love me even when you can't hear, see or "feel" me...Others have confirmed that the Lord is calling me to walk deeper in faith...
This morning I began to see that it is not a game of" hide and seek" as much as "follow the Leader" I look up and see the Lord and then I look again and cannot see...but what I can do is walk toward the direction where I last spotted Him ; so far when I arrive at that destination - once again I see Him in the distance - saying come follow me...

1 comment:

Shanita Waters said...

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this. I have been feeling the same way and I know that it is not by coincidence that I've reached your blog. I actually got here through God's Ladie's blog. Anyway, I'll be back and I'm glad that I stumbled across you.

Blessings!