Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Look Who's Talking

An Ancient Conversation Heard throughout eternity...
AND GOD SAID...
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Genesis 1:29
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt die.
Genesis 2:17
DID GOD REALLY SAY?....
Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman,
Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Genesis 3:1

IF YOU ARE REALLY....
And when the tempter came to him, he said, if thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
Matthew 4:3
Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple.
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Matthew 4: 5

I'LL GIVE YOU ALL THIS IF YOU....
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world and the glory of them;
And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Matthew 4:6

IT IS WRITTEN
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Matthew 4: 4
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Matthew 4:7
Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Matthew 4:10

Does the devil ever stop talking? Don't you wish he would just shut up? Sometimes it just gets so confusing....but that's it ...isn't it....GOD is not the author of confusion. God's word is truth.
So whenever I am confused I need to turn to God's Word...Next time I am faced with the question -"Did God really say"- I am going to grab my bible and say let's go to the source and find out...Now this may take awhile since I am not as familiar with His word as I ought to be...So I may be reading aloud word by word, line by line, paragraph by paragraph, chapter by chapter...in fact let's read the whole book and really hear and know What God Does Say.
Then I will follow the example of our Lord and Savior, Jesus and respond It Is Written...

It is not always that clear who is speaking to me...but when I slow down and turn to the Word of God and seek Him in prayer...more often than not it becomes clearer what is really being asked and who is really doing the asking...no matter the question I want my answer to based on God's Word.

1 comment:

Dorothy Champagne said...

This is so true! I think about this so often - how do I KNOW that it is God that wants me to do this?? If we're spending our time with God every day - it is so much easier to discern this! Thanks!!